Some Important Requirements:
The following are pre-requisites to signing the Leave & License Agreement:
- Guests to be responsible and take excellent care of the Apartment and its contents.
- The Apartment is self managed by the guest.
- Maximum residents - two guests.
- Within the complex, pet(s) are not permitted; and there is a re-cycling system to be followed for garbage disposal.
- Guests to abide by the "Westwinds Retreat" Complex Rules and Regulations (club house, indoor games, swimming pool, landscaped garden, etc. within gated complex) and to respect Apartment Policy by keeping it a non-smoking area for one Apartment.
We will fully assist you with all documentation. Some of the process and details include:
- Agreement to be signed on receipt of license fee and security deposit (refundable after deducting damages, etc., if any).
- Completion of other statutory requirements viz. society and police verification forms.
- An Apartment ID Card, Vehicle Pass, Welcome Letter along with our official Receipt for deposit and payment will be given thereafter to the guest.
- The license fee for use of the Apartment varies according to season, length of stay and is provided on request. There are times when we have also accommodated special guests with budget constraints. Let us know your budget - we can review it and revert to you.
- In addition to the above license fee, the guest will have to pay / re-imburse at actual cost, electricity charges, cable TV rental, gas cylinder refill (if empty) and breakages, if any.
History of Apartment and About Us:
These Apartments have been created and designed to provide a 'Holiday Home' for you. Each Apartment has been tastefully done up, each with a theme. Some are on Goa, some on Africa, etc
Two of these Apartments are owned by Hector Da Costa, one is owned by his brother Harry Da Costa, one by Rita D'Costa and the other by Gomes Family. We treat ourselves as 'a family'.
Responsible Tourism :
While its more described in The 2002 Cape Town Declaration, simply put, responsible tourism is "tourism that creates better places for people to live in and better places to visit; where all take responsibility for their actions and the impacts on their actions". This is something we subscribe to, but we have a long way ahead. Should you too wish to walk this path, it would be a joy to have your contribution in this endeavor.
- Thank you so much for the hospitability. I have really enjoyed staying here.
- Ms. Gemma, U.K.
- A beautiful and quiet Holiday Home, well maintained with clean bathrooms, positive energy and fully furnished. In a well kept landscape complex, good security and close to shopping stores. Trust worthy and friendly hosts. Highly recommended awesome facility for anyone visiting.
- Harold, Brampton, Canada
- We really enjoyed your Apartment. It was wonderful. Everything we needed was there. Well furnished and a great location. Hopefully it will be available for our next visit to Goa.
- Zoe and Arthur Godfrey, Bristol, U.K.
- This is our 2nd stay at Westwinds. Absolute pleasure. Great place. Everything you need. No faults. Good location. Home from home. Luis has been great - nothing too much trouble. Trying to keep it our secret.
- Zoe and Arthur Godrefy, Bristol, U.K.
Goa is one of India's smallest states on the "Konkan" west coast with the Arabian Sea forming the coast line. South Goa beaches are less crowded and are ideal for those who want to relax. The main beaches including Benaulim have life guards, shacks offering seafood, Goan, other Indian and Continental cusine, etc. Goa has a charming beauty, natural lush green fields, local villages and friendly people.
Places of Interest in Goa :
During season :
1. Wednesday Flea Market at Anjuna
2. Saturday Night Markets at Arpora - Ingo's & Mackie's (live bands, food & other stalls, bars, etc)
3. Water falls and Elephant Washing
4. Full day back water boat trips including drinks and lunch
5. Wild life Sanctuary at Kotigao Village
Round the Year:
1. Spice Plantations
2. Big Foot (Centre for the preservation of Art, Culture & Environment)
3. Old Goa Churches (Basilica of Bom Jesus)
4. Archaeological Museums, Houses of Goa, Goa Chitra, etc.
5. Colonial Mansions - Loutolim, Chandor, etc.
6. Cruises and Floating Casinos on Mandovi River at Panjim
7. Restored Forts - Reis Magos, Tiracol
Benaulim Beach, 2 kms from "Westwinds Retreat", is a happening place with popular restaurants, water sports, etc. On route at Maria Hall, there are numerous Super Markets, Cyber Cafes, German Bakery, Pizza Place, Banks & ATM's, Shops, Travel Agencies, a Rickshaw Stand and Bus Stops.
The nearest town is Goa's Commercial Capital, "Margao", which is 4 kms away (10 - 15 min. drive). Margao is well connected by rail and road. Goa's International Airport "Dabolim" is 30 kms (30 - 40 min. drive) from Benaulim. Dabolim is south of Goa's State Capital, Panaji.
For details refer Location Map and Goa Map.